What if we tell you that an amazing dish exists that is rich in flavor, texture, looks great, and most importantly, it's vegan!
Yes, we bring you this Garbanzo Beans Spanakopita (pronounced as spa.na.ko.pi.ta) recipe to chase away all kinds of blues.
WHAT YOU NEED
HOW TO MAKE
- Take a pan and heat the olive oil.
- Add the chopped onions and let them soften.
- Add garlic cloves and spinach and continue to sauté till all the water is evaporated.
- Mash the chickpeas and add in the mixture.
- Pour some lemon juice.
- Combine well and continue stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and place one phyllo dough sheet in the tray.
- Glaze the sheet with a mix of lemon juice, flax seeds and maple syrup/honey.
- Place 6 sheets in the same way.
- Add the filling properly and make it even.
- Again place the other half of sheets with the glazing process.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
Let it rest and enjoy!
Try it now and get some amazing compliments with this absolutely delish vegan spanakopita recipe!